This amazing Rotel Chicken is the perfect cheesy recipe for a busy weeknight! Ready in 30 minutes, keto friendly, and under 6 net carbs!
- 4 small chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel, drained
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray or add up to 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with the spice mixture on each side.
- Sear the chicken in the skillet 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the drained can of rotel, heavy cream cream, broth, cream cheese and reduce heat to low.
- Stir mixture until cream cheese melts completely and add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to the sauce, stir well.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place a lid on the skillet and let simmer over low for 6-8 minutes.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1 chicken breast + 1/4 sauce
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 444TOTAL FAT: 30.1gCHOLESTEROL: 164.7mgSODIUM: 849.5mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6.7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.8gFIBER: 0.9gSUGAR: 3.4gPROTEIN: 35.9g