prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
This one pan Chicken Caprese is loaded with pan seared chicken, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella in a creamy balsamic glaze! Enjoy a generous serving of this easy chicken recipe for about 4 net carbs!
- 4 small chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar glaze + more for drizzling
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season each side of the chicken breast with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and when sizzling, add the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan, set aside.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet to deglaze the pan. Scrape up all the yummy bits in the bottom of the skillet and bring the broth to a simmer. Allow it to cook 5-6 minutes until it has reduced by half. Stir in the balsamic glaze and remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, turn so each side is coated in the balsamic glaze. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and top the chicken with the mozzarella.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F. Top with basil and balsamic glaze to taste.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1 chicken breast 1/2 cup tomatoes + glaze