I have been FIENDING for some flautas for the past few days. I looked up a few recipes just to get some ideas and used what I had. These things are SO GOOD. Also let me warn you that the measurements are rough because I was so hungry that I was ravenously throwing ingredients together. I cook a lot, so I have a good idea of measurements and weights, but I highly advise you to weigh and measure your food whenever you do keto, just to be sure.
- 3oz chicken breast – I love the seasoning, so I used rotisserie chicken from Costco.
- 5 Mission carb smart tortillas – Now I used 4 and packed mine kinda tight, but if you use 5, it’s fewer carbs per seving. Your choice. I was a hungry hungry hippo tonight, so I unapologetically packed those babies.
- 1/2 cup cheese – I used Tillamook Pepper Jack. It melts great and tastes better.
- 1/4 cup cream cheese – This makes the flautas creamier and gives a nice taste, but you can opt out to reduce the carbs.
- 1/4 cup salsa – I used the Costco Del Real Salsa De Molcajete Roja on in the inside, verde on the outside.
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt or no salt, the salsa is salty.
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Salsa – I used the Costco Del Real Salsa De Molcajete Verde.
- Shred chicken breast and grate cheese.
- Add chicken, cheese, spices, cream cheese, and red salsa to a bowl and mix.
- Heat pan with oil for frying. I used avocado oil cuz it feels lighter on my stomach.
- Add small helping of mix to the center of tortilla and roll tortilla tightly.
- Place flauta in pan with the seam facing down.
- Fry flautas until golden brown on each side and they hold their form.
- Top with sour cream and salsa.
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting!
Macros per seving (1 flauta):
– Calories: 183
– Fat: 11g
– Protein: 13g
– Carbs: 6g
Bear in mind that Carb Manager rounds up, so this is probably a little less. I always list it as is because it just keeps me from overeating as a recovering binge eater, but again, I advise you to weigh and calculate your ingredients as you go.