This chopped big mac salad is such an easy, delicious and quick lunch or dinner to whip up on a weekday or to prepare for meal prep. It’s full of flavor but still a low carb or keto, Whole30 and Paleo salad recipe that only takes 20 minutes. Plus the only thing you have to really even cook is the beef! Just a little chopping and you’ve got your healthy salad ready to go.
- prep time:15
- cook time:15
- total time:30 minutes
- yield:serves 3-4 1x
For the Beef:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Salad:
- 2–3 tablespoons homemade thousand island (or Homemade Special Sauce!)
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup halved or quartered roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, or as preferred
- 1/2 cup pickles, halved or diced
- Optional chopped green onions or sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat and season with salt and pepper. Halfway through browning, after about 4-5 minutes, begin mixing in the mustard, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, pickle juice, and paprika.
- Once cooked, taste and adjust spices as desired, and then remove from heat.
- Assemble the salads with the romaine, beef, onions, pickles, tomatoes, thousand island and optional sesame seeds or green onion.