Course: DessertCuisine: American Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes Servings: 10 Calories: 220kcal Author: Nichole
- ▢FOR THE MUFFINS:
- ▢1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ▢½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ▢1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ▢⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ▢½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ▢¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ▢1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ▢1 Large Egg
- ▢½ Cup Milk
- ▢⅓ Cup Butter, Melted and Cooled
- ▢FOR THE TOPPING:
- ▢⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ▢2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ▢5 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the egg. Add the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about ½ – ¾ of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- For the topping: In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl melt the 5 Tablespoons of butter.
- Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.