▪️ 2 cups broccoli, diced small
▪️ 4 tbsps butter
▪️ 16 oz cheddar cheese, hand shredded
▪️ 2 tbsps cream cheese
▪️ 1/2 cup onion, diced
▪️ 1 tbsp minced garlic
▪️ 2 tbsp yellow mustard
▪️ 3 cups chicken bone broth ▪️ 1 cup heavy whipping cream
▪️ Season to your taste (used McCormick Pink Himalayan Salt, Pepper, Garlic All Purpose Seasoning – lemon pepper seasoning – garlic powder – Italian seasoning)
▪️ 1 tsp Xanthan Gum (If u want it thicker I personally didn’t use it & it was thick. Cheese helps get it that way once it cools)
1. Dice up the broccoli into bite size pieces. You want them nice and small. Set it aside.
2. In a stock pot, add butter,diced onions,minced garlic, some McCormick pink Himalayan salt, pepper, garlic seasoning. (Don’t go overboard u can adjust salt later) Cook over medium heat til onions are translucent.
3. Add broccoli & continue to cook for 3-4 mins til it turns bright green & is soft
4. Add the chicken bone broth & heavy cream,yellow mustard & stir.
5. Bring to a boil.Once boiling turn down heat to simmer,slowly adding the cream cheese & the cheddar cheese,mixing as u add.
6. Now I put garlic powder & a little more pink Himalayan salt, pepper + Italian & lemon pepper seasoning to make sure the flavor was to my liking 😌
7. Let cheese melt,if you would like to add Xanthan gum for more thickness u can & remove from medium heat. Tip: It’s like cornstarch/flour & tends to clump & sit on top of the soup.Mix w/ a little warm broth then add it in
8. Stir until soup thickens & enjoy!