Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- ▢1 ½ pounds chicken breasts, cut into small bites
- ▢1 large poblano pepper, or two small
- ▢6 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ▢5 ounces cream cheese
- ▢1 garlic clove, minced
- ▢⅓ cup white wine, I use Pinot Grigio
- ▢⅔ cup heavy cream
- ▢⅓ cup chicken stock
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ▢1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ▢olive oil
- ▢salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brush the poblano peppers with olive oil and roast them in the oven on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil for a 5-7 minutes, to char the skins. Alternatively, you can grill them instead.
- Remove and add to a bowl covered with plastic wrap (this will loosen the skin and make it much easier to peel).
- Set aside for a few minutes and allow the peppers to steam. Then remove the plastic wrap from the bowl, gently scrape off the skin of the poblano, and dice.
- Heat a large pot to medium and add in the olive oil, chicken, salt and pepper, then sear for a few minutes, remove and set aside. Add in the butter and sauté the mushrooms and get some good color on them. Remove and set aside, then add in the garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds, careful not to burn it.
- Toast the smoked paprika for 10 seconds, then deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping up the little brown bits of flavor. Stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream. Once melted, add back in the chicken, mushrooms, cilantro, chicken stock and poblano peppers. Simmer on low, covered for 8-10 minutes or until thickened nicely and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.
Macros do not include cauliflower rice, so be sure to adjust them according to what you decide to serve the chicken with.
Creamy Poblano Chicken
Amount Per Serving
Calories 343Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 14g88%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.