- 1 lb (454g) beef. I use extra lean (93/7 or 96/4) beef so that I can eat half the pan without going into ridiculous calorie territory, but you’re welcome to use fattier cuts. Using 80/20 beef will give you the same amount of calories for only 1/4 of the pan.
- 4 oz (112g) philadelphia neufchatel cream cheese
- 4 oz (112g) tostitos medium salsa
- 3.5 oz (100g, just under a cup) cheese of choice, I shred my own mozzarella (70g) and extra sharp cheddar (30g)
- 1 tbsp old el paso taco seasoning
- Optional, 1 egg/egg white for binding if you want less of a creamy and more of a solid, taco pie like casserole. More like a quiche I guess. I’ve never tried this as I like mine creamy like mac and cheese. lol
- Brown beef in skillet. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and other seasonings of choice. Remove from heat. I don’t drain my beef because there’s not much to drain after cooking, but if you choose 80/20 or 70/30 beef you may want to drain
- Add taco seasoning, then cream cheese, salsa and a handful of shredded cheese to the beef, using the residual heat from beef to melt the cheese and thoroughly mix it throughout the beef. Edit: I save a couple pinches of seasoning to add directly to the cream cheese too if that makes sense
- Add beef mixture to a greased 9×9 baking pan, and cover the top with remaining cheese. Bake covered with foil on 400°F for 20 minutes, then broil on low for another 5 to get a nice crust on top.
This makes 2 servings, so half the pan is one serving! Very filling!
- Serving Size : 1 serving = half pan
- 592 kcal
- 5.5g net carbs
- 60g protein
- 23.5g fat
As always, nutritional stats will vary based on the types of meat and cheeses you use. If you use 80/20 beef and only eat a quarter of the pan it should come out to the same amount of calories. But if you eat half the pan I guess that could be your OMAD unless you get to eat like 2400 kcal a day, at which I TOTALLY envy you lol! Short person probs😑😂