Easy One Skillet Garlic Parmesan Chicken (Keto-Friendly)
This low-carb recipe for Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken makes a whole meal in one skillet! This easy recipe boasts tender chicken thighs and riced cauliflower in a creamy garlic sauce. It makes a perfect dinner for those on low-carb, keto, Atkins, diabetic, or Banting diets.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support!
The recipe for One Skillet Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
This recipe starts with browning both sides of the chicken pieces to add flavor to the dish. The creamy sauce starts by cooking a bit of garlic, then deglazing the pan with a touch of vinegar followed by some white wine (or chicken broth).
The riced cauliflower is cooked right in the sauce, so it soaks in all of that good flavor. This makes it seem much less like cauliflower, and more like real rice.
Heavy cream and parmesan cheese make the sauce creamy. If you want an even thicker sauce, you can add a bit more cheese, or a tablespoon or two of cream cheese.
A touch of thyme adds an herbaceous appeal to the dish. Finally, a blanket of parmesan cheese is melted into glorious golden goodness.
Low-Carb One Skillet Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
This low-carb recipe for Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken makes a whole meal in one skillet! This easy recipe boasts tender chicken thighs and riced cauliflower in a creamy garlic sauce. It makes a perfect dinner for those on low-carb, keto, Atkins, diabetic, or Banting diets.Course Main Course Cuisine American, keto, low-carb Keyword creamy garlic parmesan chicken, easy keto dinner, keto chicken recipe, keto one pan chicken recipe, low carb chicken recipe, one skillet chicken recipe Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 35 minutes Servings 4 Calories 456 kcal Author Annissa Slusher
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 chicken thighs* (about 1.5 lbs) boneless skinless
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (may substitute chicken broth)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- sea salt (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces) finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375º Fahrenheit. Heat a non-reactive 10″ to 12″ oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add avocado oil.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces lightly on both sides with salt (if desired) and pepper. Add chicken to the pan, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Brown chicken on the first side, then turn to brown the other side. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic to pan and cook briefly, about 30 seconds, to release fragrance.
- Add vinegar to skillet and deglaze the pan, scraping up browned bits. When vinegar has almost completely evaporated, add the wine to the pan and continue deglazing.
- When the wine is reduced by half, add the heavy cream, frozen cauliflower (I do not defrost first), dried thyme, and any drippings that have collected under the chicken pieces. Bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer until mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon. Stir in 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese. (If you want to sauce to be even thicker, you may add a little extra cheese to the sauce or a tablespoon or two of cream cheese.)
- Remove the skillet from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning, stirring in salt and pepper, if desired. (I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt, but add the amount that works for you) Place the browned chicken pieces on top of the riced cauliflower and sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese has melted and started to brown. Be sure to use an oven mitt when removing it from the oven.
Nutrition FactsLow-Carb One Skillet Creamy Garlic Parmesan ChickenAmount Per ServingCalories 456Calories from Fat 243% Daily Value*Fat 27g42%Saturated Fat 13g81%Trans Fat 0gPolyunsaturated Fat 1gMonounsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 173mg58%Sodium 695mg30%Potassium 215mg6%Carbohydrates 7g2%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 3g3%Protein 39g78%Vitamin A 550%11%Vitamin C 57.8%70%Calcium 420%42%Iron 2.9%16%