These One Pan Pork Chops with Cream Sauce are an easy, low carb recipe that is always a family favorite!4.6 Stars (10 Reviews)
For the Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Pork Chops* (bone in preferably, but boneless works too)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine the spices and season the pork chops on each side.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat with one tablespoon of olive oil, sear the pork chops 2-3 minutes one each side until they reach a golden brown color. Note: the pork chops do not need to be cooked through yet.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- To make the sauce add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and sauté the garlic, shallot and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add the broth and white wine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and allow it to reduce by half.
- When the wine sauce has reduced stir in the heavy cream and simmer over low heat.
- Add the pork chops back to the skillet, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Note: If you use really large pork chops you may have trouble fitting them all in a skillet. In that case, follow steps 1-5 and add the pork chops to a casserole dish, pour the mushroom sauce over and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until the pork chops reach an internal temp of 145 F.