If you’re looking for last minute, healthy and low carb dinner recipes, you’ve got to add this one pan meal to your menu! It’s so simple and cheap to make with just a few ingredients, yet is packed full of amazing flavor that you don’t have to feel guilty about.
Course: Main Course
- 1 (13oz) package of cajun andouille sausage (sliced)
- 1 small head of cabbage (cored & chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pan, cook the sausage with about 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat until the sausage starts to brown. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- Add a tbsp of butter to your pan and sauté the garlic in the butter and sausage grease for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped cabbage to the pan along with your seasoning (go easy on the salt and do a taste test later as the sausage already has lots of it). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender to your liking. This should take 3-6 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausage back to the pan, stir, and allow it to heat for another minute or two.
The cajun sausage is packed full of spicy flavor, so you may want to add a little cajun seasoning, cayenne, or other seasoning to the cabbage if you choose another type of sausage for this meal.