- 1 lb ground pork (or ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, sriracha sauce
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the ground pork to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger to the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and chicken broth. Pour the mixture into the skillet.
- Add the shredded cabbage and julienned carrots to the skillet. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted and the carrots are tender-crisp.
- Stir in the chopped green onions and rice vinegar. Cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. You can top with sesame seeds and sriracha sauce, if desired.
Nutrition breakdown (per serving, assuming 4 servings in total):
- Calories: Approximately 325 calories
- Total Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 1100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 20g
Please note that the nutrition values provided are estimates and can vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used. It’s always a good idea to double-check the nutrition information on the products you use to ensure accuracy.