Make Mouthwatering Instant Pot Lasagna. Heavenly rich lasagna packed with creamy-cheesy layers of satisfaction. Your family will cheer for this lip-smacking good easy dinner! *hip hip hooray*
Instant Pot Lasagna
Make Mouthwatering Instant Pot Lasagna. Heavenly rich pressure cooker lasagna packed with creamy-cheesy layers of satisfaction. Your family will cheer for this lip-smacking good easy dinner!
Servings 4 Total Time 50 mins
- ▢8 (160g – 200g) oven-ready lasagna noodles
- ▢2 cups (150g – 180g) Mozzarella cheese , shredded in large pieces
- ▢¼ cup (30g – 40g) Parmesan cheese , grated
- ▢2.5 – 3 cups (600g – 750g) meat sauce
- ▢Salt + pepper to taste
Ricotta Cheese Mixture
- ▢¾ cup (200g) Ricotta cheese
- ▢1 teaspoon (1g) Italian seasoning
- ▢1 large egg
- ▢⅓ teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- ▢Fat Daddio 7 x 3 inch Cake Pan (removable bottom)
- Create Ricotta Cheese Mixture: In a mixing bowl, beat one large egg, then add in ¾ cup (200g) Ricotta cheese. Season with 1 tsp (1g) Italian seasoning, ground black pepper, and ⅓ tsp kosher salt.
- Assemble Instant Pot Lasagna: Line a 7-inch springform pan with cut-out parchment paper (optional).Break the uncooked oven-ready lasagna noodles into smaller pieces, then layer them at bottom of the pan in a single layer. Layer ⅓ portion of the meat sauce on the lasagna noodles. Layer Ricotta cheese mixture on the meat sauce, then add shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat this layering cycle twice. Add ¼ cup (30g – 40g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese on the very top. Then, wrap the springform pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Pressure Cook Lasagna: Pour 1 cup (250ml) cold water, then place a trivet in Instant Pot. Create a sling foil, then place springform pan in Instant Pot. Close lid, then pressure cook at High Pressure for 24 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release.*Note: Since some oven-ready lasagna noodles take longer to cook, make sure to check that the noodles are properly cooked before proceeding to the next step. If they’re still a bit firm, cover it with the aluminum foil, place it back in the Instant Pot, then Pressure Cook at High Pressure for another 5 – 6 minutes + Quick Release.
- Optional Broil Lasagna: Preheat oven to 425°F when Instant Pot is natural releasing. Place the cooked lasagna in a 425°F oven until the cheese is browned on top (~7 – 9 mins).
- Serve: For an easier release, use a paring knife to gently release the Lasagna from the springform pan. Slice the glorious lasagna and serve immediately. Enjoy~ 🙂
Note :If using springform pan, wrap the bottom of the pan in foil to prevent leakage.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 1487mg | Potassium: 691mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1340IU | Vitamin C: 10.5mg | Calcium: 494mg | Iron: 2.9mg