keto avocado brownies
- Author: Cristina Curp
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Keto
Fudgy flourless brownies! READ TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION BEFORE MAKING THESE! SCALE1x2x3x
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium, ripe, hass avocado (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (lard or coconut oil)
- 3–4 tbsp unsweetened, unsalted almond butter, cashew butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Lakanto (erythritol+ monk fruit) or preferred granulated sweetener (xylitol, coconut palm, maple sugar etc)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons gelatin (optional, makes them chewy)
- 1/2 cup low carb chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line a small baking dish, like a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your food processor combine all of the ingredients.
- Blend om medium, low power until just smooth. No more than 30 seconds. If you overmix the batter they will be cakey. You can use a spatula to scrape down the mix and then fold it together, mashing up any chucks of avocado left.
- Use the spatula to transfer the batter to the baking dish and smooth it out evenly.
- Top with fun things. I’m partial to chocolate chips!
- Bake for 25 minutes. Until the edges begin to separate from the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before handling.
- Pick it up, carefully, by the parchment paper and set it on a cutting board.
- Cut into 8 squares! Enjoy! Store leftovers in tupperware in the fridge for up to a week.
READ THE TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION ABOVE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE RECIPE, THANKS!
- SERVING SIZE: 1 square
- CALORIES: 152
- SUGAR: (alcohols) 4.5g
- FAT: 13.8g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 10g
- FIBER: 1.73
- PROTEIN: 3.9g