Keto Bacon Cauliflower “Mac” ‘N’ Cheese
Just because you’re on a keto diet doesn’t mean you should forsake all comfort food. This super indulgent mac ‘n’ cheese manages to stay low-carb thanks to one magical ingredient: cauliflower. Add bacon to the mix and you get the perfect dinner.
for 4 servings
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 cups water(960 mL)
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 oz cream cheese(115 g)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream(80 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese(200 g)
- fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Calories 639
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 6 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, pat off excess grease with a paper towel, then chop and set aside.
- Add the water to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- While the water heats up, chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the cauliflower to the boiling water, then cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until slightly tender. Drain the cauliflower and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, remaining teaspoon of salt, the cayenne, and paprika. Stir to combine, then cook for 4 minutes, until smooth and thick.
- Fold in the cauliflower, then add the cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted, then fold in the bacon.
- Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with parsley.
I love your kindness,that you share your recipes for free.i actually love your keto food as well.
I’m watching my weight and keto diet is the way to go.unfortunately I don’t have an oven so I use the table top burner.
Please share with me ,more of menu’s and recipes that do not need baking,for main meals and in between snacks
Can’t wait to try this.
how many servings does the recipe make?
never mind. I see it now, 4
I’ve got frozen cauliflower so I’m going to use that. Sounds yummy. Ty!!