Just because you’re on a keto diet doesn’t mean you should forsake all comfort food. This super indulgent mac ‘n’ cheese manages to stay low-carb thanks to one magical ingredient: cauliflower. Add bacon to the mix and you get the perfect dinner.
for 4 servings
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 cups water(960 mL)
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 oz cream cheese(115 g)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream(80 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese(200 g)
- fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Calories 639
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 6 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, pat off excess grease with a paper towel, then chop and set aside.
- Add the water to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- While the water heats up, chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the cauliflower to the boiling water, then cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until slightly tender. Drain the cauliflower and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, remaining teaspoon of salt, the cayenne, and paprika. Stir to combine, then cook for 4 minutes, until smooth and thick.
- Fold in the cauliflower, then add the cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted, then fold in the bacon.
- Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with parsley.