Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time12 mins
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I like finely shredded but I have used both just fine.)
- 1 tablespoon almond flour optional
- 1 tablespoon swerve
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons frozen blueberries
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Crack the egg in a small bowl and beat.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, Swerve cinnamon, and vanilla.
- If using a dash-mini, divide the mixture in two. (I use a shallow bowl and draw a line down the middle with a fork.)
- Spread half of the mixture in your waffle iron, and top with half of the berries. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- If you are using a regular waffle iron, cook all the mixture at once for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. (Cooking time will vary by the maker.)
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Allow to cool slightly, and serve with butter and keto-friendly maple syrup.
- Add 2 tablespoons full-fat ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest.
- Add ¾ teaspoon baking powder.
- Use ½ tablespoon coconut flour in place of the almond flour.
- Add ½ teaspoon banana extract.
Tips and Tricks
- If you are using the Dash Mini, the light will go off indicating that it is ready before it is actually ready. For best results, wait until the steam has subsided.
- For best results, allow the chaffles to cool slightly before serving.
- Read my full Chaffle Guide for storage tips, cleaning tips, and everything you want to know about chaffles!
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 208mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 616IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 322mg | Iron: 1mg