PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 4 jalapenos
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 slices bacon
- Slice jalapenos in half length-wise. Carefully scrape out the seeds and membranes with a spoon and discard. See note.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the cheese evenly between the jalapenos.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each jalapeno with a half slice of bacon.
Air Fryer Method:
- Turn air fryer to 390 degrees and let heat for 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the jalapenos to the basket of the air fryer in a single layer with space between each. Work in batches if your air fryer will not fit all 8 halves at once.
- Air fry for 10 minutes or until bacon is as crisp as you’d like.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place prepared jalapenos on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is as crisp as you’d like.
When working with jalapenos, it’s always best to wear gloves so the oils from the peppers do not burn your skin. If you don’t have gloves, wash your hands well immediately after handling the peppers.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1 popper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 4g