PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: 20 minutes
TOTAL: 35 minutes
- 4 8-oz Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- To brine the chicken breasts, place them in a large bowl with enough water to cover them (about 4 cups). Add sea salt and stir to mostly dissolve. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature, or for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain the salt water, rinse the chicken, and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C).
- Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish large enough for the pieces to fit without touching, or just barely touching. Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika, and black pepper.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until firm and no longer pink, and internal temperature reaches 160-165 degrees F (71-74 degrees C). (Internal temperature will rise another 5 degrees when resting.) A probe thermometer like this is the best set-it-and-forget-it method because it will beep when ready, but an instant-read thermometer also works.
- Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes before serving or slicing.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.