Our Keto Brazilian Steak Picanha is a churrasco staple, and easy to make at home. This zero-carb grilled beef recipe only needs 2 ingredients!
How the beef is cut is VERY important, if you want tender meat. Be sure that you are cutting across the grain and not with the grain – we’ve just filmed a video to help you get this right, subscribe to our to get notified when it’s published!
Course: Dinner, Main CourseCuisine: BrazilianPrep Time: 30 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesResting: 15 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 35 minutesServings: 6 servingsCalories: 388kcalAuthor: Gerri
- 1 Rump Cap aproximately 1.5kg/3.3lb
- ½ cup Rock Salt
- Place your rump cap fat side down on a cutting board and trim the triangle of silver skin. If you are not confident with a knife, you can ask your butcher to do this for you.
- Cut the rump cap across the grain into 3-4 evenly sized pieces, and bend each into a horse shoe shape.
- Thread the pieces onto a rotisserie skewer, or large metal skewer (if you don’t have a rotisserie).
- Spread the salt over both sides of the meat and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your rotisserie or grill for indirect heat to a temperature between 180C/355F-200C/390F.
- Brush the salt off the meat and load it into your rotisserie. Place a disposable tray underneath to catch drips and prevent flare ups.
- If you don’t have a rotisserie, sear the picanha for 3-5 minutes each side, then place over indirect heat.
- Cook until your desired doneness is reached. For a 1.5kg/3.3lb rump cap, it takes approximately 50 minutes to reach medium (60C/140F).
- Remove from the rotisserie and rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice off the skewer and serve with Chimichurri Sauce!
Serving: 200g | Calories: 388kcal | Protein: 33g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 682mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 4mg