Keyword: keto carrot cake bars
Prep Time: 50minutes minutes
Cook Time: 25minutes minutes
Total Time: 1hour hour 15minutes minutes
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 cups pecan flour/almond flour See Notes
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup unflavoured whey protein powder or egg white protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup avocado oil or another neutral oil
- ½ cup Swerve Brown
- ½ cup Swerve Granular
- 1½ cups finely grated carrot lightly packed
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease 3 8-inch round cake pans. Line the bottoms with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pecan flour, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and oil with the sweeteners until well combined and the sweeteners are mostly dissolved. Beat in the carrots and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on low until combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter evenly among the baking pans and spread to the edges. Bake 18 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and the tops are firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pans, then run a sharp knife around the inside of the pans and flip out onto a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together until very smooth. Beat in the sweetener and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Slowly beat in the heavy whipping cream until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Place one layer of cake on a cake stand or plate. Spread the top with one quarter of the frosting. Repeat with the remaining layers.
- Use the final quarter of frosting to lightly crumb coat the sides, so that the cake peeks through.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans and shredded carrot around the outside of the top of the cake. Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Notes on pecan flour: Some pecan flours are more dry than others. Amoretti used to sell a really good one but it’s now unavailable. All the others I have tried result in a drier texture so I actually recommend using half almond flour and half pecan flour.
Keto Carrot Cake Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 320Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.