This Asparagus Casserole Keto Recipe is easy to make and delicious. It is made with fresh asparagus, a creamy cheese sauce, and crunchy bacon. Your whole family will love this keto-friendly comfort food side dish. Course: Side Dish Cuisine: American, casual Servings: 6 Calories: 241 kcal
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and trim the asparagus, then grease the 9 X 13 baking pan and lay them in it.See how to trim asparagus in the notes below.
- In a skillet melt butter on medium heat, then add softened cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continuously whisk until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Reduce to a medium/low heat and allow the sauce to simmer gently boiling until the heavy whipping cream has reduced and thickened. Keep whisking so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. It will take a few minutes for the sauce to reduce and thicken.
- Once it has thickened, add the parmesan and pepper jack cheese then continue to stir until the cheeses melt and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the asparagus down the middle of the casserole dish, avoiding the tops of the asparagus. Next, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and crushed red pepper flakes on top of the cheese sauce. (Make sure to check out the process pics above the recipe card.)
- Bake for 15 minutes.If you prefer crunchier asparagus, you can reduce the baking time for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add bacon crumbles to the top.
- Bake for another 3 minutes and enjoy!
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1742IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 3mg