Keto Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
yield: 8 prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES total time: 25 MINUTES
This Keto Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup is a quick family favorite that can be made on the stovetop, in a slow cooker, or in an Instant Pot! Loaded with cheese, veggies, and tender chicken, each bowl about 6 net carbs!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 ( 4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces room temp cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cream
- In the Instant Pot, sauté peppers in a small amount of butter or olive oil. Once softened, add chicken, tomatoes, chilis, broth, tomato paste, and taco seasoning.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, seal the pressure valve, and set the pressure cooker to 20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 5-10 minutes, then manually release the rest.
- Remove chicken and shred. Stir in cream and cream cheese, then add chicken back to soup and serve.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Add chicken, peppers, tomatoes, chilis, broth, tomato paste, and taco seasoning to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Stir in cream and cream cheese.
- Add chicken back to soup and serve.
- Place chicken, peppers, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, chilis, and taco seasoning to a large pot or Dutch oven. Stir, then bring to a simmer over medium low heat (uncovered). Allow soup to simmer 20 minutes.
- When soup has reduced and thickened, check the chicken with a meat thermometer. If it is cooked through, remove from pot and shred.
- Sit in cream and cream cheese, add chicken back to pot, and serve.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: About 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 294TOTAL FAT: 14.9gCHOLESTEROL: 117.4mgSODIUM: 1066.8mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8.4gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 6.3gFIBER: 2.1gSUGAR: 4.2gPROTEIN: 29.7g