- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional, but helps hold it together a bit more)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp cornbread flavoring (can sub vanilla, use 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 2 medium diced jalapeños, optional (leave in the seeds if you want more heat).
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and add 1 tbsp butter to the pan. Place the pan in the oven as it preheats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, and cornbread flavoring. Stir in 1/4 cup of the water. If the batter is still overly thick, stir in more water, a tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in the bacon and jalapeno, if using.
- Remove the hot skillet from an oven (don’t forget to wear an oven mitt!) and brush the melted butter around the skillet.
- Spread the batter in prepared skillet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until edges are golden brown and center is just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool before slicing.
Amount Per Serving
(1 serving = 1/12th of recipe)
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 123%
Fat 13.7g 21%
Carbohydrates 5.7g 2%
Fiber 3.1g 12%
Protein 6.2g 12