Prep Time : 4 minutesCook Time : 45 minutesTotal Time : 1 hourServings : 8 servings
- 14 oz Italian Sausage up to 1lb will work fine
- 1 cup onion chopped, about 1/2 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups Tomato Basil Sauce
Cottage Cheese Layer
- 1 cup cottage cheese Cracked Pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
Other Ingredients for Lasagna Layers
- 2 cups Italian Cheese Blend
- 14 oz Heart of Palm Lasagna Noodles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan then saute them
- Add the Italian Sausage meat and cook it until it is browned. Add the tomato sauce and allow it to simmer.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the cheese layer
- Layer the Keto Lasagna in a broiler-safe casserole dish by adding meat sauce, low-carb lasagna noodles, cottage cheese mixture, and Italian cheese blend
- Bake the mixture for 40 minutes. Turn the broiler to “high” and cook for 4 additional minutes to brown the top.
I rinsed the hearts of palm lasagna noodles off with cold water. I did not boil them or do anything else to the noodles so that they maintained their bite.
There are 6-8 servings in this recipe, which is perfect for meal prep and keeping things simple throughout the week. I generally make 6 servings when eating this alone, but prefer 8 when I’m enjoying this with a side salad or steamed vegetable.
| Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g || Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1089mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g |