Cook: 18 minutes Total: 18 minutesAuthor: Servings: 4
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 1 lb Ground pork sausage
- 1 large Bell pepper (cut into thin 1-2-inch strips; I used half red & half yellow)
- 8 oz Cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 oz Pepperoni slices
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Heat an oven-safe 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground sausage. Cook for 8-10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned and cooked through.
- Toward the end of cooking the sausage, preheat the oven to the Broil setting.
- Reduce heat to medium. Push the sausage to the edges of the pan, making a space in the center. Add mushrooms and bell peppers to the center. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally once they start to soften and moving any less cooked pieces toward the bottom, until vegetables are soft and any excess moisture has evaporated. (Add a little oil if the pan gets too dry.)
- Turn off heat. Pour the marinara sauce over the pan. Smooth evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Arrange pepperoni slices on top.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven under the broiler. Broil for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned, and pepperoni starts to crisp up a little.
Serving size: 1/4 crustless pizza
Nutrition FactsAmount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.Calories571Fat43.7gProtein32.8gTotal Carbs11.1gNet Carbs8.9gFiber2.2gSugar6.1g