Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
- full sized bread loaf pan
- 6 eggs large, room temperature
- ▢6 oz / 170g cream cheese
- ▢4 tbsp / 30g coconut flour
- ▢¼ cup / 50g butter melted
- ▢2 tbsp granulated sweetener or more, to taste
- ▢1 tsp baking powder
- ▢½ tsp cinnamon
- ▢¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F / 175 C electric and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the eggs, cream cheese, melted butter and erythritol in a food processor or high speed blender until frothy. Alternatively, use a tall mixing jug and a handheld electric blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz briefly until combined.
- Pour the mix into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Tip: Check the keto egg loaf after 25 minutes. Once it is golden on top, cover it loosely with a sheet of aluminium paper to prevent excessive browning.
Net carbs: 1.3g per slice. 10 slices per keto egg loaf.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Tastes great fried in butter (a bit like French toast).
Freeze for up to 3 months. Freeze pre-sliced and place parchment paper between each slice to prevent sticking.
I used a small bread loaf pan (450ml capacity). I think if you use a regular, full size bread loaf pan the loaf will sink less in the middle as it will be rectangular rather then a high bread shape.
*** update September 2020 – a reader followed the suggestion in the post to separate the eggs and whip the egg whites until stiff. She then folded the egg whites into the batter at the very end. This produced an egg loaf that held its shape and did not sink in the middle. She showed me images and it looked PERFECT. ***
Calories: 133kcalTotal Carbohydrates: 1.9gProtein: 5.6gFat: 12.2gSaturated Fat: 7gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 0.9g