Course: DessertCuisine: American Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 35 minutes Servings: 16 Servings Calories: 144kcal
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate chopped finely * See notes
- 1/2 cup butter dairy free, if needed
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice ** See notes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease an 8-inch cake tin and cover with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches overhanging for easy removal.
- Using a microwave or small saucepan, heat up the chocolate and butter, and whisk until combined.
- Stir through the granulated sweetener, along with the vanilla and espresso, if using it. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating into the batter gently, until smooth. Add the cocoa powder until just combined- do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter into the cake tin. Bake the flourless keto chocolate cake for 25 minutes, until a gentle crust has formed on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin. Remove from the tin either using the parchment paper overhang or flipping it gently onto a plate. Frost it and enjoy.
* You can also use sugar free chocolate chips** Granulated monk fruit or swerve (erythritol). If making a layer cake (as pictured), double all the ingredients, including the frosting.Vegan Gluten Free flourless chocolate cake recipe is within the post.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg | NET CARBS: 4g