A super EASY fried cabbage and sausage recipe! This keto combo of smoked sausage and cabbage makes a healthy, delicious dinner in just 30 minutes.
PREP: 10 minutes COOK: 20 minutes TOTAL: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 12 oz Garrett Valley Farms Andouille Sausage (sliced thinly)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 1 medium head Cabbage (shredded; 8 cups)
- 1 14.5-oz can Diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan or braiser pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, until sausage is browned and renders fat. Transfer to a plate, leaving the oil in the pan, and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe down the pan and add the butter.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, until soft and starting to brown.
- Add the cabbage. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the cabbage is starting to wilt near the bottom of the pan.
- Uncover and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until cabbage is slightly wilted but a little crisp-tender.
- Add the drained diced tomatoes, cajun seasoning, salt to taste, and cooked sausage. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until cabbage is wilted and extra liquid has evaporated.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups, or 1/6 entire recipe
Amount per serving.
Serving size in recipe notes above. Calories 255 Fat 17.1g Protein 11.6g Total Carbs 14.4g Net Carbs 8.9g Fiber 5.5g Sugar 7.2g