This keto jalapeno popper casserole is a creamy, cheesy dish loaded with shredded chicken, bacon, and jalapenos.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 4 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled fried bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces, about the size of macaroni noodles. Alternatively, rice the cauliflower.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water from the cauliflower and place in a large bowl with the chicken.
- In a small bowl stir together the cream cheese, heavy cream, chicken broth, jalapenos, and seasonings.
- Stir the cream cheese mixture into the cauliflower and chicken to combine. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
To make the dish less spicy, remove seeds and membranes from the jalapeno peppers before chopping. For extra spice, leave the seeds and membranes in and add cayenne pepper to taste.
We prefer to chop the cauliflower by hand into macaroni sized pieces – it mimics pasta well in this dish. Cauliflower rice will work as well, but it does get a bit mushier in texture.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 1025mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 31g