This hearty, meaty low carb pizza is super satisfying, whether you are on a keto or low-carb diet or not! Use your favorite ready-made or homemade keto pizza crust.
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- pinch garlic powder or to taste
- 2 12-inch prepared keto pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices provolone cheese cut into strips
- Place the steak in the freezer about 30 minutes before it is needed.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, season with salt, and saute, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet along with bell pepper and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms and bell pepper are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Clean the skillet and allow it to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove steak from the freezer and slice into very thin slices. Season steak with freshly cracked salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Drop seasoned steak pieces into the hot oil and sauté until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove steak from the skillet and drain any drippings.
- Place 2 pizza crusts on pieces of foil or baking sheets, depending on their weight. Spread about 1/4 cup sour cream over each crust. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Top each crust evenly with steak, followed by vegetable mixture. Top pizzas with Provolone cheese pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted nicely and the edges of the crust are brown, about 10 minutes.