- ▢6 mozzarella cheese sticks part skim low moisture mozzarella
- ▢1 1/2 cups keto bread crumbs
- ▢1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- ▢1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs optional
- ▢1 large egg
- ▢tablespoon water
- Cut each mozzarella cheese stick in half and set aside. In a high speed blender or food processor, add your pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and Italian herbs, and blend until a powdery texture remains.
- Transfer the crumb mixture into a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and water, until combined.
- Moving quickly, dip each cheese stick in the egg mixture, followed by the dry mixture, and repeat once more. Place the coated mozzarella cheese sticks and place them on a lined plate. Place them in the freezer for two hours.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of oil into a non-stick pan and place over medium heat. Once hot, remove the cheese sticks from the freezer and place them in the sizzling oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, before flipping and cooking for a further 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the mozzarella sticks onto a plate covered with a paper towel, and serve immediately.
Oven instructions– Preheat the oven to 240C/500F. Place the mozzarella sticks onto a lined baking sheet and lightly spray the exterior with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Air fryer instructions– Place the mozzarella sticks into an air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
TO STORE: Cooked mozzarella sticks should be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 3 days.
TO FREEZE: Place leftover cooked mozzarella sticks in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
REHEATING: Either reheat the mozzarella sticks in a preheated oven (180C/350F) for 10 minutes, or in the air fryer (200C.400F) for 6 minutes.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 81kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 7gFat: 6gSodium: 247mgPotassium: 10mgVitamin A: 59IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 63mgIron: 1mgNET CARBS: 1g