yield: 12 muffins
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 30 minutes
Just like the classic donut, these cinnamon “sugar” donuts are sure to satisfy! These keto muffins are gluten free, sugar free and taste as close to the original as you can get!
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sweetener, 20% off Lakanto with code MELISSA20
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
FOR THE COVERING:
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener, 20% off Lakanto with code MELISSA20
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with papers.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs and cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except for the topping ingredients). Slowly add to the wet ingredients, continuously mixing with the electric mixer.
- Spoon even amounts into each muffin cup.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden and set up.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Brush finished muffins with butter, roll in cinnamon sweetener mix. Serve!
Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 3gProtein: 5g