Prep Time10 minsCook Time30 minsTotal Time40 mins Course:Main CourseCalories:296Servings: 6
- ▢1 ½ pounds ground beef, I use 85%
- ▢8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ▢1 ½ cups beef broth
- ▢1 small yellow onion, minced
- ▢⅓ cup almond flour
- ▢2 tablespoons sour cream
- ▢2 tablespoons oat fiber
- ▢2 whole eggs
- ▢3 cloves garlic
- ▢2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ▢2 tablespoons olive oil
- ▢1 tablespoon butter
- ▢1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ▢1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ▢2 teaspoons tomato paste
- ▢1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ▢¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium, add half the olive oil. Add in the onions, half the salt and pepper, then sauté for a few minutes, until they’re tender.
- Remove from the heat, add half of the onions to a large mixing bowl and set the other half aside to add to the gravy later.
- In the same mixing bowl, add in the dijon mustard, eggs, Worcestershire, parsley, remaining salt, almond flour and oat fiber, then mix.
- Add in the ground beef and mix just until combined, but don’t over mix or the meatballs will be dense and tough.
- Using a cookie scoop (or your hands) form the meatballs, so they’re uniform in size.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the same skillet and sauté the meatballs, until browned on all sides. Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- In the same skillet with the olive oil, add in the butter and mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms until they have some good color. Add in the garlic and sauté for 15 seconds, then mix in the reserved onions, beef broth, tomato paste, sour cream and xanthan gum.
- Add the meatballs back in and simmer for 15 minutes or until they are cooked through and the gravy has thickened. Serve with gravy over the top.
Nutrition Facts Keto Salisbury Steak MeatballsAmount Per ServingCalories 296Calories from Fat 189% Daily Value*Fat 21g32%Saturated Fat 8g50%Carbohydrates 7g2%Fiber 3g13%Sugar 2g2%Protein 20g40%