This recipe is a new take on an old classic. Savory sausage balls are perfect for the holidays. There are so many ways to change these up and make them your own. If you are looking for a savory fat bomb to meet your macros, this recipe is perfect for you. This is a crowd-pleaser that is kid-friendly and keto-approved.
If you want to introduce your child to the world of cooking, but aren’t sure where to start, I recommend this recipe. Kids love helping in the kitchen, and mine can make this one on their own now. The bonus is that I don’t always have to make them, but always get to eat them! 😉
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 1 lb. Breakfast Sausage (I like Jimmy Dean)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 8 Oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Butter (or Coconut Oil)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop and your hands roll sausage mixture into 20-25 sausage balls (I made 23)
- Place sausage balls on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 16-20 minutes
- Store in a sandwich bag or covered bowl in the fridge. My mother in law would leave them sitting out at room temp, but I just can’t do that.
Refrigerate after serving. I place paper towels in the bottom of a bowl and then add the leftovers and seal it up good. They don’t last long around here so I’m not sure how long they keep. We eat them within 2-3 days. You can also use a Ziploc bag to store them.
Don’t forget to try new things (add hot sausage or sage) try a different cheese. There are so many awesome ways to eat sausage balls!
YIELD: 25 SERVING SIZE: 1 Sausage Ball
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 133TOTAL FAT: 11gSATURATED FAT: 4gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 6gCHOLESTEROL: 34mgSODIUM: 294mgCARBOHYDRATES: 2gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 1gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 0gPROTEIN: 7g