- 1 whole spaghetti squash, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
To cook the spaghetti squash:
- To cook in the oven, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Discard the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until squash is fork tender.
- To cook in the Instant Pot,
- Once squash is cooked, shred the squash into long spaghetti-like strands by using a fork to scrape the squash widthwise.
To make the Alfredo sauce:
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, add the cream, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat and add the shredded Parmesan to the pan. Whisk until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the squash and stir to coat.
- Spoon the squash into the empty squash halves. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Alternately, add to a 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 352Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 12g