cook time: 16 MINUTES
total time: 16 MINUTES
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 egg white, beaten until it has tripled in volume (optional, see notes below)
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, seasoned taco meat
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal. Mix the dough well until it begins to form a soft dough, fold in the beaten egg white if using.
- Spread onto a greased pizza pan. I had a roughly 10-11 inch crust.
- Pre-bake the crust for 7 minutes. It should be slightly brown.
- Spread the prepared taco meat over the crust, top with the drained green chilies, and remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes on the top rack, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Top with the vegetables and serve immediately.
- Egg White: If you prefer a crispy, thin crust leave the egg out. If you prefer a more traditional pan crust add the egg white. It will help the crust rise and be softer instead of crisp.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: Nutrition Calculated Per Slice
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 339TOTAL FAT: 15.9gCHOLESTEROL: 87mgSODIUM: 680mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7.1gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5gFIBER: 2.1gSUGAR: 2.2gP