- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (see notes)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime (optional)
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Cook, breaking it up with a wood spoon, until no longer pink and cooked through. Drain excess grease.
- Season the beef with the homemade taco seasoning. Let cool slightly.
- Prepare the vegetables: Wash and chop the lettuce. Slice the avocados.
- Assemble the salads: Place the lettuce in a large bowl and top with the seasoned beef, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and avocado. Serve with a lime wedge (optional)
For homemade taco seasoning, mix together:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper