Keto Taco Soup
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- ▢3 cups chicken stock, or beef
- ▢1 pound ground beef, I use 85%
- ▢8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- ▢½ cup yellow onion, diced
- ▢15 ounces Rotel tomatoes, original, with green chilies
- ▢2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ▢1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning, or 2 teaspoons store bought
- ▢1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ▢2 teaspoons olive oil
- ▢diced avocado
- ▢sour cream
- ▢shredded cheddar cheese
- ▢sliced black olives
- Add the ground beef to a dutch oven or pot and heat to medium. Brown the ground beef, then push to the side once browned.
- Add in the olive oil and onion, then sauté for a few minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Pour in the taco seasoning and allow to toast for about a minute, while stirring.
- Stir in the Rotel with the liquid and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add in the cream cheese, ranch seasoning and chicken stock, then stir until well combined.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened to your liking. Add in the chopped cilantro and serve with your choice of garnish over the top.
This soup does have a little spicy kick, so if you don’t like spicy foods, use code tomatoes instead of the Rotel with green chilies.
I also recommend adding some toppings, like a dollop of sour cream, avocado, shredded cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro. The soup is great all on it’s own, but when you add the toppings, it makes it fantastic!