YIELD:4 SERVINGSPREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
- 1 lb (450g) Hot Italian sausage, casings removed (or turkey sausage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped and chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
1. To make the Instant Pot Keto soup recipe: Set a 6-qt Instant Pot to saute mode. Add Italian sausage to the insert of the Instant Pot and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
2. Add garlic, onion, and oregano to the Instant Pot with the sausage meat. Cook, stirring constantly until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes; season with pepper, to taste.
4. Select manual setting on your Instant Pot; adjust the pressure to high, and set the timer for 5 minutes. When finished cooking the keto soup, do a quick-release.
5. Select saute mode and stir in kale to the soup until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute; then adjust seasoning of the Tuscan keto sausage soup with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the Instant Pot Keto Soup immediately with fresh grated Parmesan and parsley. Enjoy!