Mug Cake Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Lakanto monk fruit sweetener blend or any other sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp organic almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup organic blueberries
- Pinch of salt
Blueberry Topping Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp crushed organic blueberries
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Lakanto monk fruit sweetener blend or any other sugar substitute
Mug Cake Instructions:
- Melt butter in a mug for 15-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Remove mug from microwave and add sugar substitute, coconut flour, almond flour, and pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Mix in egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Once all ingredients have been combined, add blueberries and mix them with the cake batter.
- Microwave lemon blueberry batter on high for 80 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave, add blueberry topping and enjoy!
Blueberry Topping Instructions:
- Crush blueberries and mix with sugar substitute and lemon juice.
- Pour over warm lemon blueberry cake.
I like to use frozen organic blueberries for this recipe because they yield more juice when heated. If you use frozen blueberries, heat them before adding them to the cake batter and before crushing them for the topping.