yield: 6 prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 35 MINUTES
This creamy Lobster Bisque is a shortcut recipe that is low on carbs, but big on flavor! This 30 minute soup recipe features a savory broth and garlic butter lobster for a truly decadent meal! 4.3 Stars (25 Reviews)PRINT
For the Soup Base
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay
- 1 cup good quality dry white wine, such as Sauvignon blanc
- 1 (32 ounce) carton seafood stock (vegetable stock also works)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
For the Garlic Butter Lobster
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 ounces uncooked Lobster claw meat
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion, carrots and celery in the oil until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the tomato paste, stock, Old Bay, white wine and bring the mixture to a simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup using an immersion blender until smooth, stir in the heavy cream. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- In another skillet sauté the lobster meat in the butter, garlic and lemon for 3-4 minutes. Add the lobster and garlic butter to the soup. Blend again if desired.
Don’t forget to garnish with lemon, hot sauce and a dash of heavy cream!
If you do not have an immersion blender allow the soup to cool slightly and pour into an upright blender container, blend until your desired consistancy and add back to the stock pot.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 228TOTAL FAT: 12.3gCHOLESTEROL: 123mgSODIUM: 714mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8.9gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 7.5gFIBER: 1.4gSUGAR: 4.2gPROTEIN: 13.9g