Keto DietLow Carb Recipes
Low-Carb Keto Mozzarella Sticks
Prep Time : 10 minutesCook Time : 8 minutesTotal Time :18 minutesServings : 6 servings
- 12 pieces Mozzarella string cheese (each cut in half)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour *1 large Egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Crushed pork rinds
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder (optional)
- Oil for frying (optional)
- Dredge each piece of mozzarella in coconut flour. Dip it in the egg, shaking off the excess. Roll in the almond flour mixture until well coated, then place on the lined cookie sheet. Repeat with all the mozzarella (don’t let the pieces touch on the cookie sheet).
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least one hour, or until ready to bake. (Don’t skip this step! It’s necessary to prevent the cheese from oozing out during baking.)
*You’ll have coconut flour left over. I subtracted this from the nutrition info, but either way it’s not a significant difference.
Nutrition facts do not include oil if you use the frying method.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Calories: 250 | Fat: 18.6g | Total Carbs: 5.9g | Net Carbs: 3.8g | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 0.5g | Protein: 16.8g