Low Carb Pepperoni Mini Pizza Bites – a fun, easy-to-make 5-Ingredient party snack to help curb your cravings so you keep your resolution this year.
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 8 MINUTES
total time: 18 MINUTES
- 24 slices pepperoni, “sandwich style” (2+ inches wide)
- 24 small basil leaves
- 1 jar pizza sauce small jar
- 24 mini mozzarella balls
- black olives sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using kitchen shears, snip four 1/2 inch cuts around the edges of each pepperoni slice, leaving the center uncut. Each pepperoni should look like a circular cross. (See post image for clarification.)
- Press each pepperoni down into a mini muffin pan. Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the edges are crispy, but the pepperoni is still red. Let the pepperoni cool in the pans for 5 minutes to crisp, so they hold their shape. Then move the cups to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Wipe the grease out of the muffin pan with a paper towel, then return the cups to the pan. Place a small basil leaf in the bottom of each cup, followed by 1/2 teaspoon of pizza sauce, a mini mozzarella ball, and an olive slice.
- Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt. Allow the cups to cool again for 3-5 minutes before serving.
serving: 1cup, calories: 81kcal, carbohydrates: 1g, protein: 5g, fat: 6g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 11mg, sodium: 185mg, potassium: 96mg, fiber: 0g, sugar: 1g, vitamin a: 145iu, vitamin c: 2.1mg, calcium: 104mg, iron: 0.3mg