For the Taco Meat
- ▢½ pound Grass-Fed Organic Ground Beef
- ▢2 tablespoons Onion, minced
- ▢½ Smoked Chipotle, in the can, chopped
- ▢½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ▢1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ▢½ teaspoon Tomato Paste
- ▢½ teaspoon garlic sea salt
- ▢2 teaspoons olive oil
- ▢¼ cup Water
For the Taco Shell Cups
- ▢2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, I use the Mexican cheddar blend
For the Toppings
- ▢½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ▢¼ cup sour cream
- ▢1 Haas avocado, diced
- ▢Tablespoon of cilantro leaves, for garnish
- ▢¼ cup of Chipotle Ranch Dressing, see my homemade recipe
To Make the Taco Meat
- Add the ground beef, salt and pepper to a skillet on medium heat. Cook until the ground beef has browned. Push the meat to one side of the pan, add the olive oil and the onion. Add a pinch of salt and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the smoked paprika, cumin, and chipotle to the meat and onions and toast the spices for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and water. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
To Make the Taco Shell Cups
- Working in batches, add 1 tablespoon of the cheese, to a microwave safe plate lined with parchment paper, into 4 piles and microwave for 50 seconds. Test one first, to make sure that 50 seconds works for your particular microwave.
- Using a spatula, remove each pile and gently place into a mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Once the cheese is cook enough to touch, form it into a cup using the end of the spatula handle. Work quickly because they harden in seconds! Allow to cool while you work on the remaining cups.
To Assemble the Taco Cups
- Once the cups have cooled, fill about ½ way up with the taco meat. Add some of the tomatoes. Then drizzle the Chipotle Ranch Dressing over the top. Then a dollop of sour cream, topped with a piece of avocado. Garnish the platter with the fresh chopped cilantro.
*Makes 24 mini taco cups
Nutrition FactsMini Keto Taco BitesAmount Per ServingCalories 209Calories from Fat 153% Daily Value*Fat 17g26%Saturated Fat 7g44%Carbohydrates 2g1%Sugar 1g1%Protein 11g22%