prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about half of one small onion)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the chopped bacon until crisp and remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain off all of the bacon grease except 1 tablespoon. Add the ground beef and onion. Brown the meat and drain off any grease.
- Add the tomato paste, mustard, cream cheese, broth and spices stirring until the cream cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
- Reduce the heat to low and top with cooked bacon and remaining cheese.
- Cover the skillet and cook on low for 5-7 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1/4 of the skillet
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 423TOTAL FAT: 27.2gSATURATED FAT: 125.7gSODIUM: 608.9mgCARBOHYDRATES: 5.3gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.8gFIBER: 0.5gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 25g