yield: 4 prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 20 MINUTES
This One-Pan Keto Chicken and Mushroom Skillet is covered in Swiss cheese and swimming in a creamy mushroom sauce!4.5 Stars (30 Reviews)PRINT
For the Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons butter
For the Mushroom Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken breast with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from skillet, and set aside. (Note that the chicken won’t be fully cooked at this stage.)
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, mushrooms, 1/2 cup wine or broth, and simmer until liquid is almost gone.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup cream, stir well.
- Add chicken, top with swiss cheese.
- Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
You can double the mushroom sauce ingredients if you want to have plenty of sauce.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 278TOTAL FAT: 17.2gCARBOHYDRATES: 2.9gFIBER: 0.6gPROTEIN: 27.8g