This Philly Cheese Steak Casserole has all of my favorite flavors from a traditional cheese steak, but it’s budget-friendly and perfect for those on a keto diet!
Per serving: 366 calories, 23g fat, 33g protein, 5g carbs, 1g fiber = 4 net carbs
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME45 minutes
TOTAL TIME50 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Dice the peppers and onions into bite-sized pieces. Mince the garlic.
- Add the ground beef to a skillet and cook over medium heat, crumbling as it cooks.
- When beef is broken apart, but still pink, add the peppers, onion, garlic, and seasoned salt. Continue cooking, stirring often, until beef is cooked through and vegetables have softened a bit.
- Drain grease from the skillet and pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Tear the cheese into small pieces and place over the beef mixture.
- Add the eggs, cream, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beef and place the dish in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 366Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g