Prep Time13 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time28 mins
- ▢2 pounds NY strip steak, sliced very thin
- ▢3 bell peppers, red, yellow and orange
- ▢1 small yellow onion, sliced
- ▢8 slices provolone cheese
- ▢½ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- ▢8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ▢8 ounces cream cheese
- ▢½ cup beef broth
- ▢3 cloves garlic, minced
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil
- ▢1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ▢1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ▢½ teaspoon salt
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet to medium and add in the olive oil, steak, salt and pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, then remove, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Add in the butter, peppers, onions and mushrooms, then sauté until they’re tender.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for about 15 seconds, do not allow it to brown. Then pour in the beef broth and deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits of flavor.
- Stir in the cream cheese, Worcestershire, parsley and shredded Italian cheese blend. Once melted, add the steak back into the pan and stir to combine. Top with the provolone cheese, making sure all areas of the pan are covered.
- If you’re not using an oven-safe skillet, pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray, then add the provolone cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden.
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
Amount Per Serving
Calories 395Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g75%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.