- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until they are browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- In a separate bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken breasts in the skillet, making sure they are well coated. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to a baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Serve the Pollo Con Queso with rice, tortillas, or your preferred side dishes.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: approximately 320
- Protein: approximately 40g
- Fat: approximately 12g
- Carbohydrates: approximately 10g
- Fiber: approximately 2g
- Sugar: approximately 4g
- Sodium: approximately 450mg
Please note that the provided nutrition information is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used.